Job Title: Reservationist
Overview: Working as part of the Reservations team, you will be responsible for handling all rooms’ reservations enquiries to the required standards, maintaining accurate and complete records of all reservations, and taking every opportunity to maximize revenue potential for the hotel.
Primary Job Requirements:
- Represent the Los Poblanos culture and family, uphold our Mission Statement, and contribute to our business growth and development.
- To answer all incoming reservation inquiries for the Inn and Campo Restaurant, by telephone or email, in a timely manner, and wherever possible to convert them to bookings.
- To input Reservations into the Cloud PM Reservation system & Open Table, ensuring all details are accurate and complete in line with departmental standards.
- Assist in identifying areas of opportunity to maximize reservations for the Inn & Campo.
- Assist in the coordination of booking large parties and execution of group contracts.
- To give a polite and friendly response to all incoming telephone inquiries.
- To maintain accurate filing systems for all correspondence, and ensure all filing is completed daily.
- To maximize revenue by taking every opportunity to up-sell and cross-sell all services offered whenever possible.
- To identify potential sales leads for the sales team to develop future accounts.
- To be aware of financial goals and the contribution made by the reservationist in achieving those targets.
- To ensure a high degree of personal skills, accuracy and attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
- To perform as part of a team, assisting colleagues where necessary and carrying out other relevant duties as requested by the Reservations Manager.
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and advanced computer skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- 1-2 years customer service or hospitality experience
- Ability to read, comprehend and write complex instructions and/or short correspondence and memos, having excellent verbal communications.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent organization skills
- High attention to details
- Interest in hospitality, sustainability, food, farming, and New Mexican culture
- Previous experience in a similar role
Click on a position to learn more:
- Banquet Captain
- Banquet Houseman
- Banquet Server
- Campo Host
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Guest Services Associate
- Housekeeping Room Inspector
- Human Resources Administrative Assistant
- Line Cook
- Maintenance Tech
- Night Auditor
- Server Assistant