Director of Hospitality Operations
Los Poblanos is a family-owned business dedicated to preservation and sustainability. It has been our home for over 30 years, and we view ourselves as more stewards of the farm rather than as “owners”. That is why it is our mission to preserve it for people to enjoy now and for future generations. As a boutique historic inn and organic farm situated on a pastoral 25-acre estate in the Rio Grande River Valley, it is one of the most historically significant properties in New Mexico. Its historic buildings were designed in 1932 by the region’s foremost architect, John Gaw Meem, the “Father of Santa Fe Style.” Together with its gardens, lavender fields, field to fork dining, and dedication to preservation, it offers discerning guests a truly unique and authentic New Mexico experience.
We have it all here - a 50 room historic inn, an award winning restaurant with a James Beard finalist Chef, a certified organic farm producing tons of lavender as well as fruits and vegetables for our restaurant, and an event venue for unforgettable weddings and celebrations.
The Director of Hospitality Operations is an executive level position that functions as the primary business leader for the property managing the overall business including guest experience, financial performance and general operations. The Director of Hospitality Operations oversees a staff of seasoned managers across the entire operation including lodging, food & beverage, housekeeping and guest services. Also included are responsibilities for farm and landscape as well as facilities/maintenance. This position works with the executive director on strategy development and execution.
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience in hospitality general management.
- Actively engage and help develop the annual strategic business plan and budget, monitor progress and drive delivery of high hospitality standards.
- Evaluate and implement methods of improving operational effectiveness and efficiencies for the property.
- Plan, develop and implement property policies and goals. Communicate regularly with staff on progress toward defined goals and results.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the hospitality industry.
- Work closely with Executive Team members to ensure all financial, guest services and employee relations standards are met.
- Review daily operating results and weekly forecasting and scheduling, taking immediate corrective action as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please submit a cover letter here and complete the application via the link below.