Job Title: Banquet Houseman
Position Overview: The position is dedicated to offering first-class service to our guests.
The Banquet Houseman is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of any banquet rooms, hallways, storage any service areas. Must routinely inventory and care for banquet supplies such as linens, chairs, tables, china, glassware, flatware, decorations and equipment. Banquet Houseman ensure that all elements of a venue are ready before guest arrive.
Primary Job Functions:
- Set up, serve and clean up all receptions and all areas of banquet events while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction from beginning to end
- Be familiar with all current and upcoming event detail. Ensure dining tables, food, beverages, bathrooms, and staff are ready prior to event
- Responsible for making the event space visually appealing throughout the event
- Maintain the proper usage and good working order of all equipment – lighting, music, audiovisual, special decorating request, and responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of all work areas
- Responsible for the setup of the banquet room per the specification of the event resume, and the reset of the room to its original state after the event is concluded
- Transporting tables, chairs and equipment, reporting maintenance issues and providing requested information to management
- Engage in duties related to the position even if they are not routine
- Assemble equipment, podiums and other structures and assisting audio-visual personnel in setting up speaker and monitors, food preparation activities, and service standards
- Maintain the organization of cleanup, inventory, and storage of supplies and equipment
- Assist banquet servers, in some cases help transport food, beverages, decorations and equipment to a different location
- Responsible for monthly inventory, and operating equipment for each assigned event
- Flexibility to work AM or PM shift, as needed. Must be available to work weekend and holidays
- Ability to work long hours, depending on business and scheduled events.
- Able to communicate clearly in and possess a good command of verbal and written English
- Must be comfortable working closely with kitchen staff and specific tasks
- Food Handler and Beverage service certification
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and drink – wine knowledge is a plus
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
- Some knowledge of MS Products (Excel/PowerPoint/Word/Outlook).
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service, decision making, and problem solving skills are required.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to serve, bartend, and wash dishes if necessary.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently and use initiative
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
- Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200lbs.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
Click on a position to learn more: