Banquet Server Assistant
Position Summary & Overview
Set among 25 acres of lavender fields, enormous cottonwood trees and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest. Each of our lines of business place customer experience on the forefront of our mission in preservation and sustainability. We are dedicated to offering our guests the finest hospitality experience where we strive to consistently exceed expectations.
Los Poblanos is looking for a Banquet Server Assistant/Busser who harnesses the spirit of hospitality and takes pride in the details of our sustainable farming practices which bring amazing ingredients from our farm to our guest’s tables.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos and Albuquerque.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Set and prepare tables for dining, including, but not limited to, folding napkins, cleaning and placing tableware, serving water, etc.
- Ensure tableware is in good and working condition and report any defects for repair stock, maintain and clean designated food station(s).
- Assist food server(s) with table service, including, but not limited to, serving beverages, breads, etc.
- Retrieve and transport dirty tableware to dishwashing area.
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Take phone order and deliver meals to guest rooms.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Partnering with other members of the Los Poblanos family to ensure guests are having an amazing experience in all aspects of visiting our property.
- Performing opening and closing procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A minimum of (2) years of experience working in a customer service environment
- Completion of Serve Safe
- Valid Alcohol Servers Permit
- Excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills required
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm to resolve problems using good judgment
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Problem solving skills and deductive reasoning abilities
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Interest in sustainability, food and New Mexico culture