Position Summary & Overview
This position will be responsible for assisting the bartending staff in the nightly execution of bar service. This is a support position, but also an ideal opportunity to learn and research the workings of a craft cocktail bar. You will assist the bar team to produce an excellent quality product while maintaining consistency for a high volume of customers.
Reports to: F&B Management Team and Lead Bartender Position
Position Type: Part time, Non-exempt
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist bartending staff in the nightly execution of bar service.
- Constant cleaning, polishing and restocking of all bar items.
- Help to ensure compliance with all local, national and federal laws related to beverage alcohol service.
- Assist bartenders with nightly inventory, if and when required.
- Assist with pouring wine and beer.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Stock bar with related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Enforce rules or regulations.
- 1-2 years prior experience as a barback, or busser/server assistant in an upscale dining establishment.
- BarSmarts Certification is offered, and required within 60 days of hire.
- Genuine interest in food and beverage.
- Genuine interest in learning cocktail recipes and production.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service and problem solving skills are required.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Able to bus, food run, cook, and wash dishes if necessary.
- Able to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Able to succeed as part of a large team, in small groups, or independently.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.