Position Summary & Overview
This position will be responsible for assisting the bartending staff in the nightly execution of bar service. This is a support position, but also an ideal opportunity to learn and research the workings of a craft cocktail bar. You will assist the bar team to produce an excellent quality product while maintaining consistency for a high volume of customers.
Reports to: F&B Management Team and Lead Bartender Position
Position Type: Part time, Non-exempt
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist bartending staff in the nightly execution of bar service.
- Constant cleaning, polishing and restocking of all bar items.
- Help to ensure compliance with all local, national and federal laws related to beverage alcohol service.
- Assist bartenders with nightly inventory, if and when required.
- Assist with pouring wine and beer.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Stock bar with related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Enforce rules or regulations.
- 1-2 years prior experience as a barback, or busser/server assistant in an upscale dining establishment.
- BarSmarts Certification is offered, and required within 60 days of hire.
- Genuine interest in food and beverage.
- Genuine interest in learning cocktail recipes and production.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service and problem solving skills are required.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Able to bus, food run, cook, and wash dishes if necessary.
- Able to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Able to succeed as part of a large team, in small groups, or independently.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more: