Event Sales Coordinator
Set among 25 acres of lavender fields, enormous cottonwood trees and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest. The Sales and Event Coordinator will organize and coordinate various sales and marketing functions, generate reports and statistical data, and coordinate communications across property about events.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Event Managers with detailing and execution of flawless corporate, social and wedding events through excellent management and superior attention to detail with grace under pressure, positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Responds to daily leads accurately and in a timely and professional manner based on the SOP’s by Los Poblanos.
- Assists with daily office tasks, office supply ordering, and day of event menus and signage.
- Create accurate client files within approved guidelines while meeting auditing requirements.
- Collaborate with all departments and foster team environment while executing and detailing internal events.
- Work with culinary and event staff in order ensure seamless execution of all events.
- Possess excellent knowledge of food, beverage and décor trends to guide clients and increase revenues by enhancing event.
- Assists the Events team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel Event sales objectives.
- Fulfill day of the event duties- ensure room is being set according to planned, greet vendors, greet host upon arrival, introduce and hand off client to the event manager on site.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate office equipment.
- Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information.
- Confer with coworkers to coordinate work activities.
- Research sales opportunities and collect data.
- Conduct correspondences to follow up with potential clients
- Respond to customer problems or complaints.
- Collect deposits, payments or fees.
- Execute sales or other financial transactions.
- Send information, materials or documentation.
- Maintain files.
- Compile data or documentation.
- Demonstrate innovation by consistently introducing new ideas and exhibit original thinking.
- Detail oriented and capable of carrying out a given task.
- Outstanding interpersonal, professional and presentation skills.
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills.
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and maintaining great client relationships.
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English. Exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, administrative and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in computer skills - Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Hotel/Hospitality degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Click on a position to learn more: