Event Sales Manager
POSITION SUMMARY & OVERVIEW
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring flawless execution of meetings, weddings and social events through excellent management and superior attention to detail with grace under pressure, a positive attitude and professional demeanor. The role of Event Sales Manager during the event is to take care of the client and ensure their satisfaction, not to run the event.
Reports to: Director of Event Sales
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque
- Responsible for execution of private events both social and business.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Balance operational, administrative and colleague's needs.
- Participate in customer site inspections.
- Upsell whenever possible to create additional Events revenue.
- Use judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Ensure that function bookings, group resumes and event contracts are prepared and distributed accurately and efficiently.
- Partner with the Rooms Manager to ensure that group room blocks are in place.
- Plan and manage menu tastings for wedding clients and planning meetings for all clients and detail the event BEO's.
- Lead formal pre-event and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc.).
- Work with culinary team to create customized menus when requested by client.
- Monitor and enforce program deadline dates and work with clients to ensure meeting of deposit deadlines and meeting of purchase minimums to maximize event revenues.
- Identify operational challenges associated with his/her group and determine how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Coordinate and communicate event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Ensure that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy. Check venue for correct set-up according to the BEO's and diagrams.
- Greet vendors and customers during the event phase and hands-off to the Banquet Captain team for the execution of details.
- Ensure and provide exceptional Customer Service throughout the customer experience and encourage the same from other employees.
- Stay available to respond to and handle guest problems and complaints and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements. Work with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
- Use personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Make your presence known to customer at all times during this process.
- Ensure billing accuracy and conduct bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Follow up with customer post-event.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Oversee the customer’s experience from file turnover through the post event phase.
- Work to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Establish checklist, track dates using appropriate computer programs.
- Maintain solid and open communication with all hotel operating departments.
- Maintain good working relations with preferred vendors of the property.
- Attend networking events and other functions that may garner new business.
- Maintain up to date information on program and food and beverage events in hotel's inventory management system.
- Adhere to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Attend all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
- Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
- Solicit feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the internal and external guests' experiences.
- Review comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Observe service behaviors of employees and provide feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Ensure hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
- Set a positive example for guest relations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Correspond with customers to answer questions or resolve complaints.
- Meet with clients to schedule and plan details of conventions, banquets, receptions and other functions.
- Market products, services, or events.
- Organize special events.
- Negotiate contracts with clients or service providers.
- Verify accuracy of records.
- Prepare financial documents.
- Confer with personnel to coordinate business operations.
- Inspect facilities or equipment to ensure specifications are met.
- Adaptability- Maintain performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Convey information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibit behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; make a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams- Actively participate as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results- Set high standards of performance for self and/or others; assume responsibility for work objectives; initiate, focus and monitor the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively take action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gather information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritize and arrange work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
Work Skills, Knowledge & Competencies
- Understand Events services.
- Possess excellent knowledge of food and beverage preparation and presentation as well as décor trends to guide clients and increase revenues by enhancing event.
- Knowledge of meeting room capacities, banquet set-up, audio-visual and any other pertinent details as they relate to function room set-up.
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service via, phone, e-mail, face to face, etc.
- Able to complete work on time or communicate alternative plan.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals & objectives.
- Able to reach effective solutions, consult helpful resources and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
- Actively participate in all meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
- Demonstrate workplace respect to all associates.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and dependable team member. Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment. Able to work independently, without direct supervision or as part of a cohesive team. There is moderate direct supervision.
- Take ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Demonstrate initiative, seek out new assignments & assume duties when necessary.
- Must be able to think clearly, analyze and resolve problems, while exercising good judgment.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, accounting programs, Microsoft Office and Tripleseat.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business demands, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to move (including standing, walking, kneeling and bending) for up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to grasp, lift and carry. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be able to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to reach other departments on the property on a timely basis. This includes traveling to and from meetings.
- Requires grasping, writing, repetitive motions.
- Listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, photocopiers, dolly and other equipment as needed.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- 3-5 years of experience event management at a hotel, catering company or special event venue, a luxury environment is preferred.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time