Guest Services Agent
Position Summary & Overview
Set among 25 acres of lavender fields, enormous cottonwood trees and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest. Each of our lines of business place customer experience on the forefront of our mission in preservation and sustainability. We are dedicated to offering our guests the finest hospitality experience where we strive to consistently exceed expectations.
Los Poblanos is looking for a reliable and motivated Guest Services Agent to welcome our guests to our property in a friendly and courteous manner at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos and Albuquerque.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival, quickly and appropriately fulfill guest requests, approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Receive and maintain Inn and Restaurant reservations being aware of seasonal packages and policies
- Assist with general guest service tasks such as delivering items to guest rooms, assisting guests with check-ins, responding to guest requests and addressing lost and found issues as required.
- Regularly check guest rooms before guest arrival to deliver packages and ensure room meets standards for guest arrival.
- Assist Inn guests with restaurant reservations, directions, taxis etc.
- Generate reports, complete regular office work and check guest rooms and property to ensure property standards are met.
- Maintain a level of security on the property by ensuring appropriate lights are on, locking doors and responding to emergencies.
- Answer telephones between scheduled hours, making room reservations, confirming details with future clients by email, charging credit cards and settling bills for check outs.
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet customers, patrons, or visitors.
- Arrange services or reservations for patrons.
- Deliver items.
- Store luggage or other possessions for patrons.
- Organize recreational activities or events. Provide patrons with directions to locales or attractions. Provide attraction or event information to patrons.
- Maintain financial or account records. Verify accuracy of financial or transactional data.
- Discuss account status or activity with customers or patrons. Collect deposits, payments or fees.
- Operate communications equipment and computer systems.
- Report maintenance or equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
- 1 – 2 years experience in a hospitality and/or customer service role.
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills.
- Able to read, comprehend and write complex instructions and/or short correspondence and memos, having excellent verbal communications.
- Completion of High School Diploma
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and intermediate computer skills.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Interest in sustainability, food and New Mexico culture.
- Experience in a Hotel Environment.
Job Type: Part-time
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.