Position Summary & Overview
The Houseman assists and supports the Inspectors and Housekeepers in meeting quality and timeliness standards. A Houseman is responsible for moving clean and dirty linens, all supplies and amenities around the property.
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Position type: Full time, Non-exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Remove soiled linen and trash from vacant/dirty rooms.
- Remove trash/debris from guest room patios. Wipe down outdoor furniture.
- Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for housekeepers; may include taking supplies directly to housekeeper. Ensure that closets are kept clean and orderly at all times.
- Report inventory levels, damaged goods, and lost and found items to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Respond to guest and management requests in a prompt and hospitable manner.
- Delivery and pick-up guest request items when assigned (i.e. microwave, hot plates). This also includes making up sofa sleepers and delivering cribs. Assist in moving beds and furniture as requested.
- Assist with laundry and light maintenance duties as needed.
- Perform as part of a team, assisting colleagues where necessary and carrying out other relevant duties as requested by Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet customers, patrons, or visitors.
- Operate communications equipment or systems.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Clean facilities or sites.Replenish supplies.
- Clean furniture or fixtures.
- Clean equipment or supplies.
- Clean building walls or flooring.
- Move furniture.
- Dispose of trash or waste materials.
- Store items.
- Safely drive golf cart.
- Report maintenance or equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor building premises to ensure occupant or visitor safety.
- Provide information to coworkers.
- Inventory materials or equipment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous hotel housekeeping experience.
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills.
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Excellent organization skills and high attention to details.
- Able to read, comprehend and write complex instructions and/or short correspondence and memos, having excellent verbal communications.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, push, pull, lift, carry. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Interest in sustainability, food and New Mexico culture
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- 1-2 years customer service experience
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more: