As a member of the Hacienda Spa team, you will play an integral role in representing the Los Poblanos brand and our unique well-being model. You will have the opportunity to enrich the guest experience by connecting guests to our historic property and organic farm through spa and wellness services. We are looking for people with a passion for providing impeccable service and who will take pride in upholding the sustainability and hospitality values of Los Poblanos.
Responsible for performing multiple modalities of facials and skin care for spa guests. They must have a thorough knowledge of numerous esthetics modalities, possess a general understanding of skin care, and be willing to train in the spa’s specific facial and esthetic treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests. They must have a passion for and be able to provide an exceptional guest experience.
Reports to: Spa & Wellness Manager, Lead Therapist
Position Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide range of facial and make up services in accordance with Los Poblanos Spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Greet and acknowledge guests by name.
- Obtain and complete fully a client health history using Los Poblanos client intake forms.
- Using client forms and skincare consultation with client to recommended appropriate treatments.
- Record detailed notes for all clients including contraindications, allergies, medications, formulations and treatment preferences.
- Provides guests with thorough and knowledgeable professional esthetics treatments, adhering to Los Poblanos protocols.
- Ensures guests receive a detailed prescription plan after each service for home care regimen.
- Be able to provide accurate and detailed descriptions of treatments, packages, services, treatment contraindications, property features and hours of operations.
- Uphold and practice the universal health care protocol/standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by New Mexico State Board of Barber’s and Cosmetologists and the spa’s policies/procedures when dealing with guests and coworkers.
- Provides services within the scope of practice of profession as defined by the New Mexico State Board of Barber’s and Cosmetologists.
- Be on time for shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Performs prep work, cleans and restocks room per spa standards. Including all opening and closing duties.
- Assist with maintaining the aesthetic standards of the treatment rooms and guest spaces.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the property, products and service available throughout the business.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as a positive role model and ambassador for Los Poblanos and the Hacienda Spa.
- Share and historical and cultural information about Los Poblanos with guests, when appropriate.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and take action to build relationships between individuals, teams, and departments to help achieve business goals.
- Uphold standards of sanitation, sterilization and cleanliness as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff or guests that require attention immediately.
- Must stay up to date on current licensing changes and abide by all rules and regulations associated with license.
- Must have an applicable New Mexico state license to perform all esthetic services.
- Must have received training from an accredited school.
- Must have a least 3 years of experience working in a high-end resort or urban day spa environment.
- Must be available to work varying shifts such as: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Thoroughly educated and understands the anatomy of the skin/body and the effects of the specific techniques utilized to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial services to recommend to a given individual.
- Possess excellent communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Demonstrates commitment to provide the highest quality of esthetic services to those who seek their professional service.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more:
- Advanced Landscaper
- Assistant Farmer - Seasonal
- Campo Assistant Manager
- Campo Barback
- Campo Host
- Campo Server
- Campo Server Assistant
- Culture and Community Event Server
- Entry Level Landscaper
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Housekeeping Houseperson
- Licensed Esthetician
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Los Poblanos Ambassador
- Maintenance Technician II - Night Shift
- Pool Attendant - Seasonal
- Public Areas Attendant
- Spa Attendant
- Spa Front Desk Receptionist