Position Summary & Overview
You are the cooks responsible for executing à la minute service for the line. You maintain a particular station on the line with its respective duties. You cook and plate food according to the Chef’s particular preferences in seasoning and method. You work as a team to provide a unique dining experience for our guests.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be on time and ready to work.
- Setting up the kitchen space daily.
- Ensuring Sani-buckets are set up and maintained throughout the shift and changed before service.
- Work clean
- Upon first arrival check prep list to see what final mise en place is required for shift.
- Cleaning workstations before and after shift, and prior to starting work.
- Set up of station in a timely manner to be ready 30 minutes before service.
- Finish any last minute tasks like picking herbs during this time and be ready for mise en place and station review by Supervisor. This will include any specials, plating, and tasting of food on the station.
- Once reviewed and approved service can begin.
- Prepare all dishes to the Chef’s specifications and seasoning preference.
- Taste everything you make before it gets to the plate.
- Any mise en place that is suitable for use the following shift must be shaken down and consolidated with the label and date it was made, and then placed in the appropriate location to be used first.
- The prep list for the following day must be filled out and reviewed by the Lead Sous.
- Clean all equipment and hoods at end of shift
- Check out with AM/PM Sous before you may leave.
- Staff Meal
- The position is a full time position. The ideal candidate must possess experience in a kitchen environment with a farm to fork background, and the knowledge to execute service at a high level.
- Own and maintain appropriate knives for the job.
- Organized with an attention to detail, being self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Exhibiting strong verbal and written communication skills, and consistently demonstrating the desire to be consistent.
- Additional qualifications include, able to work in a high stress environment, able to lift 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time, have a flexible schedule and be available to work when needed