Maintenance & Facilities Manager
Position Summary & Overview
At Los Poblanos, we look for people who share our passion for preserving the authenticity of our historical land and buildings, who understand the importance of sustainability and will work to help our legacy live on. We have historical buildings designed by a world renowned architect, we have other buildings that have been renovated over time, and we also have added buildings recently to blend together to create a truly unique escape from the ordinary. In addition to our surroundings, the employees of Los Poblanos are dedicated to offering our guests the finest hospitality experience where we strive to consistently exceed expectations.
We are looking for a seasoned problem solver detail-oriented Maintenance and Facilities Manager to help keep our property and buildings running safely and efficiently to ensure our employees and guests have a great experience. This position is often challenged by the fact that since our buildings are so historical, traditional maintenance methods may not be the answer. The successful manager will be able to create methods and processes to maintain the property in its most sustainable form. They will need to have experience maintaining property equipment and supply inventory while performing routine maintenance throughout the property. These tasks will include but are not limited to painting, carpet/floor cleaning, bathroom caulking, etc. This position is responsible for delegating and supervising the activities of the maintenance department while helping with the repairs and maintenance throughout the property.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Create, direct, allocate workload, and manage a high quality and efficient maintenance team.
- Make continuous improvement a top priority; implementation of process efficiencies is a must in this role.
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Perform general maintenance as required including light electrical, plumbing, drywall, finished carpentry, welding; and painting. Repair lighting and electrical systems and install circuits or cables for equipment; build cabinets, counter tops, etc.; remove and re-install walls as needed.
- Closely monitor, identify and communicate problems in every phase of general maintenance of the building(s), including areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanic, painting, flooring, patching, general hardware, her minor building repairs and cleanliness.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Maintain high standards for safety and cleanliness in all areas of the property.
- Ensure all the building codes are in order.
- Inspect all equipment on a regular basis to ensure safe working order.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Works closely with other department managers to ensure maintenance requests throughout the property are met.
- Contributes as a leader in the property safety team.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must possess excellent public relations skills and warm and friendly attitude
- A minimum of five (5) years full-time experience general maintenance and minimum of two (2) years management experience in a hotel/apartment/resort environment
- OSHA 10 Certified
- Must have demonstrated experience in various maintenance skills including plumbing, light electrical, finished carpentry and painting.
- Advanced knowledge of all hand tools, equipment and machinery required to perform the required jobs/tasks
- Possess and maintain current Driver License with satisfactory and safe driving record
- Excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills required
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm to resolve problems using good judgment
- Must have basic computer skills; including working with Microsoft (facilities software a plus)
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Click on a position to learn more: