Position Summary & Overview
This person plays a lead role in pastry production - managing the development and inventory of all baked goods and desserts. In addition to technical pastry experience, the ideal candidate is self-motivated and able to work independently.
Reports to: Pastry Chef
Primary Job Functions
- Daily preparation of bread, cookies, desserts
- Farm Shop production
- Follow recipes with precision and accuracy to maintain consistency
- Monitor inventory and par levels for goods in use
- Ensure quality and presentation standards for all finished pastry products
- Maintain an attention to detail while working in a high-volume environment
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clean food preparation areas, facilities and equipment
- Inspect facilities, equipment or supplies to ensure conformance to standards
- Evaluate quality of food ingredients or prepared foods
- Adjust temperature controls of ovens or other heating equipment
- Load materials into production equipment
- Operate cooking, baking or other food preparation equipment
- Measure ingredients or substances to be used in production processes
- Determine food production methods
- Apply protective or decorative finishes to workpieces or products
- Record operational or production data
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Dough making and portioning
- Bread making
- Cake making
- Pastry production
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Time management
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time