Guest Services Manager
Position Summary & Overview
Guest Services Manager is responsible for managing the front of house operations and ensuring that all functions are carried out effectively and efficiently. The Guest Services Manager is also responsible for ensuring all aspects of a guest’s stay are exceptional. The responsibilities of the Guest Services Manager play a vital role in the success of the hotel.
Reports to: Rooms Manager
Position type: Full-time, Exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the following departments: Front Desk, Reservations, and Bell Attendants.
- Manage day-to-day operations, assuring guest service standards are being applied consistently to all departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage guest services in a manner reflective of the Los Poblanos Core Values.
- Develop a team of employees that are well-spoken, effective problem solvers, and demonstrate a genuine passion for hospitality and guest satisfaction.
- Improve service by communicating and assisting employees to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Active presence at the Front Desk, manage by leading by example on the front line.
- Directly handle guest problems, working for a satisfactory resolution.
- Exhibit excellent knowledge of all Guest Service procedures, standards and property management operations. Create and update SOPs when needed and implement in a timely manner.
- Keep Inn staff promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Curate an exceptional guest experience by ensuring the atmosphere of guest spaces is inviting and welcoming, maintaining spaces in conjunction with Housekeeping and Facilities.
- Curate and maintain guest packages to maximize an authentic Los Poblanos and New Mexican experience for guests.
- Intervene in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well-being is preserved.
- Responsible for monitoring and promptly responding to online reviews.
- Coordinates VIP recognition, activities, and special requests.
- Monitors statistics related to room occupancy, rates, and group rooms.
- Comprehend budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management areas of department.
- Develop and implement operating strategies, plans, and procedures for the department.
- Prepare schedules and ensure that the Inn is properly staffed to maintain required standards of operation in daily Inn activities.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of Inn staffing needs.
- Supervises the care of equipment, minimizing waste, breakage and misuse.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish tasks.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
- Hire, train and hold employees accountable in a professional manner.
- Conduct employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed. Participate in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve employee performance.
- Support Community core values by seeking new connections with partners to increase perceived value and support an authentic experience.
- Assists the Facilities Manager and Property Caretaker in making sure that security systems are properly functioning and in good working condition, and to ensure that the hotel environment is safe and secured.
- Assist the Housekeeping Department with routine room inspections as needed.
- 3-5 years previous experience in hospitality, tourism, or customer service; preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal communications.
- Maintain a neat, clean, professional and well-groomed appearance daily.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities. Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving issues as necessary.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm to resolve problems using good judgment.
- Able to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to implement, teach, motivate and develop team members.
- Valid Alcohol Servers Permit.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Expect to frequently work 40 to 50 hours per week.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs, property management software and web-based computer programs.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.