Sales Support Specialist
This position will be an integral part of the continued growth of Los Poblanos product line and brand. The position will working closely with Director of Sales to implement a dynamic brand & sales strategy – thoughtfully communicating product and brand story to drive sales and maintain excellent service for key accounts of Los Poblanos wholesale products. Position will interact with various departments to achieve long term product success in the marketplace. In addition, this person will provide input in product development process for a dynamic brand with growing market presence.
Reports to: Director of Sales & Brand Strategy
Position Type: Full time, Exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- With direction and support of Director of Sales, prospect, identify, and market to prospective customers across multiple sales channels including incoming wholesale inquiries and strategic outreach.
- Schedule and conduct store audits according to brand standards to track product velocity and promotional planning. Support retailer merchandising of brand within standards established by management.
- Help shape and execute brand strategy.
- Offer brand education and product demonstrations with retail partners including Los Poblanos Farm Shop. Maintain strong partner relationships to raise brand awareness and increase sales volume.
- Oversee customer servicing and order process in partnership with Operations staff.
- Understand and ensure completion of customer reporting and requirements.
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, or mail.
- Work with Director of Sales to ensure proper customer service is being delivered.
- Work closely with fulfillment coordinator to ensure shipments are going out on time & communicate with customers on any changes.
- Compile reports on overall customer satisfaction.
- Assist Director of Sales in product marketing campaigns for new product launches and media placement.
- Suggest activation opportunities for under-performing partners.
- Proactively share new ideas to grow sales and enhance communication of brand story.
- Implement merchandising and promotional strategies as directed.
- Document and abide by brand standards and best practices as directed by Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Maintain awareness of current retail trends and competitive landscape (digital platforms and brick and mortar) to gain insight.
- Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify potential customers.
- Contact current or potential customers to promote products or services.
- Gather customer or product information to determine customer needs.
- Deliver promotional presentations to current or prospective customers.
- Recommend products or services to customers.
- Sell products or services.
- Negotiate prices or other sales terms.
- Prepare and process sales or other contracts.
- Answer customer questions about goods or services.
- Develop content for sales presentations or other materials.
- Arrange delivery of goods or services.
- Maintain records of sales or other business transactions.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Study product information to acquire professional knowledge.
- Distribute promotional literature or samples to customers.
- Attend events.
- Monitor market conditions or trends.
- Monitor sales activities.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Detail oriented and diligent, excellent communication skills.
- Customer-centric and community-oriented.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Friendly personality, optimism and curiosity about learning.
- Copywriting and product marketing experience.
- Travel as dictated by job requirements.
- A flexible schedule is helpful, for promotional events on weekends or other days. Primary work schedule will be set with manager.