Job Title: Banquet Server
Overview: Set among 25 acres of lavender fields, enormous cottonwood trees and lush formal gardens, Los Poblanos is one of the most magnificent historic properties in the Southwest. Each of our lines of business place customer experience on the forefront of our mission in preservation and sustainability. We are dedicated to offering our guests the finest hospitality experience where we strive to consistently exceed expectations.
The position is dedicated to offering first-class service to our guests.
Position includes private events execution, bartending, set-up, service, and clean-up of food, beverage, and breakdown of all events. The Event Server is in charge of service during catered events, making sure that all sanitation and safety codes are met and recognize improper guest behavior. Banquet Server ensure that all elements of a venue are ready before guest arrive.
Primary Job Functions:
- Meet with Management upon arrival for initial pre-shift meetings before all events to establish all standards, special assignments requests and standards set by client
- Follow service guidelines as detailed by event manager/supervisor
- Review event resume at beginning of each shift with all current and upcoming event detail. Ensure dining tables, food, beverages, bathrooms, etc. are ready prior to event
- Greet all individuals arriving to Los Poblanos courteously and assist with their needs
- Responsible for making the event space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event
- Maintain the proper usage and good working order of all equipment and responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of all work areas
- Responsible for consistently adhering with service standards, and operating procedures
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, concerns and any pertinent information to fellow staff members and Management
- Responsible for the setup of the banquet room per the specification of the event resume, and the reset of the room to its original state after the event is concluded
- Transporting tables, chairs and equipment, reporting maintenance issues and providing requested information to management
- Engage in duties related to the position even if they are not routine
- Assemble equipment, podiums and other structures and assisting audio-visual personnel in setting up speaker and monitors food preparation activities, and service standards
- Ensure dining experience in accordance with Los Poblanos service standards
- Flexibility to work AM or PM shift, as needed. Must be available to work weekend and holidays
- Ability to work long hours, depending on business and scheduled events.
- Able to communicate clearly in and possess a good command of verbal and written English Additional language skills (Spanish or French) would be a distinct advantage and benefit
- Adhere to all grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Maintain knowledge of the property, products, and service available throughout the business
- Food Handler and Beverage service certification
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and drink – wine knowledge is a plus
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service, decision making, and problem solving skills are required.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to serve, bartend, host, and wash dishes if necessary.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently and use initiative
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
- Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200lbs.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.