POSITION SUMMARY & OVERVIEW
This position is dedicated to offering first-class service to our guests. Position includes private events execution, bar-tending, set-up, service and clean-up of food, beverage and breakdown of all events. The Banquet Server/Bartender provides service during catered events, making sure that all sanitation and safety codes are met and recognize improper guest behavior. This role ensures that all elements of a venue are ready before guest arrive.
Reports to: Banquet Manager
Position type: Full or Part time, Non-exempt
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque. Maintain knowledge of the property, products, and service available throughout the business.
- Meet with Management upon arrival for initial pre-shift meetings before all events to establish all standards, special assignments requests and standards set by client.
- Review event resume at beginning of each shift with all current and upcoming event detail. Ensure dining tables, food, beverages, bathrooms, etc. are ready prior to event.
- Transport tables, chairs and equipment, report maintenance issues and providing requested information to management.
- Responsible for the setup of the banquet room per the specification of the event resume, and the re-set of the room to its original state after the event is concluded.
- Responsible for making the event space visually appealing and presenting the menu offering for the event.
- Greet all individuals arriving to Los Poblanos courteously and assist with their needs.
- Follow service guidelines as detailed by event manager/supervisor.
- Responsible for consistently adhering with service standards and operating procedures.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, concerns and any pertinent information to fellow staff members and management.
- Ensure dining experience in accordance with Los Poblanos service standards.
- Adhere to all grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Maintain the proper usage and good working order of all equipment and responsible for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of all work areas.
- Preparing alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and patrons. Interacting with customers, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks. Assessing bar customers' needs and preferences and making recommendations.
- Assemble equipment, podiums and other structures and assisting audio-visual personnel in setting up speaker and monitors food preparation activities, and service standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Arrange tables or dining areas.
- Clean food preparation areas, facilities or equipment.
- Clean food service areas.
- Clean tableware.
- Stock serving stations or dining areas with food or supplies.
- Assist customers with seating arrangements.
- Present food or beverage information or menus to customers.
- Provide customers with general information or assistance.
- Take customer orders.
- Communicate dining or order details to kitchen personnel.
- Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction.
- Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
- Serve food or beverages.
- Collect dirty dishes or other tableware.
- Move furniture.
- Remove trash.
- Store supplies or goods in kitchens or storage areas.
- Food Handler and Beverage service certification.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Able to communicate clearly in and possess a good command of verbal and written English.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to serve, bar tend, host and wash dishes if necessary.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently and use initiative.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or otherwise transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
- Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200lbs.
- Ability to work long hours, depending on business and scheduled events. Flexibility to work AM or PM shift, as needed. Must be available to work weekend and holidays.
- Additional language skills (Spanish or French) would be a distinct advantage and benefit.
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and drink – wine knowledge is a plus.
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more: