Job Title: Bartender
Reports to: F&B Management Team and Lead Bartender
Position Overview: This position will be responsible for orchestrating food and beverage service to Campo guests in the bar. Additionally, you will be responsible for crafting the drinks for the main dining room and private dining room spaces. Bartenders may also be required to acquire bottles of wine from storage and perform wine service. The Campo bar program is thoughtfully orchestrated to produce an excellent quality product while maintaining consistency for a high volume of customers.
Primary Job Functions:
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge; including craft cocktails, spirits, wine and beer
- Well-developed knowledge of classic cocktail recipes and production
- Responsible for opening and closing bar, being consistent and following all procedures while working alongside the service team
- Ability to take drink orders, answer guests questions, anticipate their needs and have the ability to offer educated suggestions to satisfy the guest
- Accurate cash handling and tip reporting
- Ensure compliance with all local, national and federal laws related to beverage alcohol service.
- Assisting with inventory, if and when required by management
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate control over inventory to maintain accurate pours and proper stock levels
- Assist with beverage changes, making sure that they are executed properly with necessary communication.
- Ability to follow house recipes with accuracy and consistency
- Ability to work any day or night, as required
- 3-5 years prior experience as a bartender, in a fine dining establishment with classic and craft cocktails, and extensive wine and beer selection.
- Introductory Sommelier Certification, or equivalent, is preferred
- Certified Beer Server, or equivalent, is preferred
- BarSmarts Certification is preferred, and required within 60 days of hire.
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and wine
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service and problem solving skills are required.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Ability to serve, host, bus, food run, cook, and wash dishes if necessary.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Ability to succeed as part of a large team, in small groups, or independently.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs.
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Ability to work long hours, depending on business and scheduled events.
- Able to communicate clearly in and possess a good command of verbal and written English.
Click on a position to learn more: