This position will be responsible for orchestrating food and beverage service to Campo guests in the bar. Additionally, you will be responsible for crafting the drinks for the main dining room and private dining room spaces. Bartenders may also be required to acquire bottles of wine from storage and perform wine service. The Campo bar program is thoughtfully orchestrated to produce an excellent quality product while maintaining consistency for a high volume of customers.
Reports to: Manager of Wine & Spirits and Restaurant Manager
Position Type: Part time, Non-exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for opening and closing bar, being consistent and following all procedures while working alongside the service team/
- Take drink orders, answer guests questions, anticipate their needs and have the ability to offer educated suggestions to satisfy the guest/
- Accurate cash handling and tip reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all local, national and federal laws related to beverage alcohol service.
- Assist with inventory, if and when required by management.
- Ensure appropriate control over inventory to maintain accurate pours and proper stock levels.
- Assist with beverage changes, making sure that they are executed properly with necessary communication.
- Follow house recipes with accuracy and consistency.
- Work any day or night, as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Mix ingredients.
- Serve food or beverages.
- Process customer bills or payments.
- Enforce rules or regulations.
- Clean food service areas.
- Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction.
- Stock serving stations or dining areas with food or supplies.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge; including craft cocktails, spirits, wine and beer.
- Well-developed knowledge of classic cocktail recipes and production.
- 3-5 years prior experience as a bartender, in a fine dining establishment with classic and craft cocktails, and extensive wine and beer selection.
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and wine.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service and problem solving skills are required.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Able to serve, host, bus, food run, cook, and wash dishes if necessary.
- Able to think on your feet and under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail.
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment.
- Able to communicate clearly in and possess a good command of verbal and written English.
- Able to succeed as part of a large team, in small groups, or independently.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Introductory Sommelier Certification, or equivalent, is preferred.
- BarSmarts Certification is preferred, and required within 60 days of hire.
- Certified Beer Server, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Interest in organic farming, agriculture, art and architecture is a plus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.