Culture and Community Event Server
POSITION SUMMARY & OVERVIEW
The Culture and Community Event Server is dedicated to offering first-class service to our guests. This position involves private and public event execution, set up and breakdown of event space, food and beverage service, and other duties as assigned by the Event Supervisor. The Event Server is also responsible for compliance with all sanitation and safety codes. The Event Server acts as ambassador for Los Poblanos and the La Quinta Cultural Center, finding ways to share the unique historical and cultural aspects of this property with guests and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as an ambassador and representative for Los Poblanos and the La Quinta Cultural Center.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the property, products, and services available throughout the business.
- Adhere to all grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Meet with C&C Event Supervisor upon arrival to review Banquet Event Order before each shift to establish service plans and special assignments.
- Responsible for setting up all guest and service spaces prior to the event per the instructions provided by the Event Supervisor (including polishing glasses & silverware, folding napkins etc.)
- Transport tables, chairs and equipment to event spaces.
- Greet all individuals arriving to Los Poblanos courteously and assist with their needs.
- Share a monthly schedule of hosting duties with other C&C Servers.
- Follow service guidelines as detailed by event manager/supervisor.
- Responsible for consistently adhering with service standards, and operating procedures.
- Communicate any areas of need, problems, concerns and any pertinent information to fellow staff members and management.
- Maintain appearance and cleanliness of event space at all times.
- Ensure dining experience is in accordance with Los Poblanos service standards.
- Maintain the proper usage and good working order of all equipment and take responsibility for the overall sanitation and cleanliness of all work areas.
- Maintain accurate information about food and beverage offerings for each event to share with guests.
- Interact with guests in a professional and personable manner when taking orders and serving food and beverage items.
- Share historical and cultural information about Los Poblanos and La Quinta throughout service, when appropriate.
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and plate prepared food items following detailed instructions from Food & Beverage management.
- Collect dirty dishes or other tableware, load and run dishwasher, collect and dispose of trash, and store event supplies and equipment at the conclusion of each event.
- Help break down and reset event space under the direction of the C&C Event Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Service certification.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Able to communicate clearly in and possess a good command of verbal and written English.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning and speaking about organic farming, art and architecture and New Mexico history.
- Must display a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to serve, bartend, host, and wash dishes if necessary.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and independently and take initiative.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry, or otherwise, transport up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room.
- Ability to move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to work long hours, depending on business and scheduled events. Flexibility to work AM or PM shift, as needed. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Additional language skills (Spanish or French) would be a distinct advantage and benefit.
- A genuine interest and understanding in food and drink – wine knowledge is a plus.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Click on a position to learn more:
- Advanced Landscaper
- Assistant Farmer - Seasonal
- Campo Assistant Manager
- Campo Barback
- Campo Host
- Campo Server
- Campo Server Assistant
- Culture and Community Event Server
- Entry Level Landscaper
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Housekeeping Houseperson
- Licensed Esthetician
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Los Poblanos Ambassador
- Maintenance Technician II - Night Shift
- Pool Attendant - Seasonal
- Public Areas Attendant
- Spa Attendant
- Spa Front Desk Receptionist