Campo Food Expeditor
Overview & Summary
Keep a smooth workflow between the kitchen and the dining room. Work in a fast-paced environment to get proper orders out faster and more efficiently. As food expeditor, you must have excellent communication skills and experience in a fast-paced restaurant setting. You must have enough stamina to be in constant motion, grace under pressure, and skills to coordinate and organize processes and people.
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Position type: Full or Part time, Non-exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from the waiters to the kitchen.
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority.
- Assist in the final preparation of dishes.
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature.
- Deliver orders to maintain fast service.
- Eliminate obstacles in service and food preparation lines.
- Maintain the quality and cleanliness of the kitchen pass.
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and the front of house.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate dining or order details to kitchen personnel.
- Prepare hot or cold beverages.
- Serve food or beverages.
- Collect dirty dishes or other tableware.
- Clean food service areas.
- Stock serving stations or dining areas with food or supplies.
- Well-organized with the ability to lead and direct a team.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding multi-tasking ability.
- A customer-oriented approach.
- Great physical endurance.
- An eye for detail.
- A “can do” attitude.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.