HVAC Maintenance Technician
Under direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, the HVAC Maintenance Tech is required to have a strong knowledge of HVAC maintenance duties necessary to keep Los Poblanos Facilities in good repair. This position is responsible for installing, repairing, and maintaining heating, ventilation and air conditions systems on all LP properties.
Position Type: Full time, Non-exempt
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keep manager informed on overall work operations and problems.
- Install new HVAC units in residential, commercial, or industrial buildings.
- Install ductwork and thermostats to control HVAC system.
- Perform routine maintenance on HVAC systems to ensure they operate properly.
- Inspect and troubleshoot problems with existing HVAC units.
- Install replacement parts on existing HVAC units.
- Maintain inventory of replacement parts and orders replacements.
- Comply with company and industry safety standards.
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner. Work closely with other department managers to ensure maintenance requests throughout the property are met.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Monitor equipment inventory.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform manual service or maintenance tasks.
- Read technical information needed to perform maintenance or repairs.
- Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order.
- Troubleshoot equipment or systems operation problems. Test equipment to ensure proper functioning. Locate damage, defects, or wear. Replace worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Maintain operational records.
- Must comply with jobsite safety.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC systems and equipment.
- Ability to use power and hand tools.
- Ability to use thermometers, pressure gauges, and other testing devices to evaluate HVAC system.
- Ability to read operation and repair manuals for HVAC systems.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, as required to interact with customer.
- Ability to operate manual and power tools used in the performance of maintenance work.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions and/or short correspondence, having excellent verbal communications.
- Ability to stand for long periods and walk on rough uneven ground and variable soil conditions.
- Frequent bending, standing, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in extremes of weather and temperatures.
- Flexible, this position can be scheduled for variable hours and days. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Vocational/technical school training or apprenticeship required.
- Three to four years of related experience preferred.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more:
- Campo Cocktail Server
- Campo Dishwasher
- Campo Event Cook
- Campo Host
- Campo Line Cook - AM Shift
- Campo Line Cook - PM Shift
- Campo Server Assistant
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Farmer - Seasonal
- HVAC Maintenance Technician
- Inn Concierge
- Inn Room Attendant
- Lead Groundskeeper
- Norte Retail Shop Associate - Santa Fe
- Norte Tasting Room Bartender/Server - Santa Fe
- Norte Tasting Room Lead Bartender/Trainer - Santa Fe
- Public Areas Attendant
- Public Areas Attendant / Maintenance Technician
- Volunteer Docents