Overview & Summary
The Entry Level Groundskeepers primary areas of responsibility include the cleaning of parking lots, sidewalks, patios, entry ways and all outside areas, mowing, trimming, weeding, pruning as described below, as well as other duties as assigned by Farm & Landscape Manager. This position requires punctuality, responsibility, integrity and productive work habits. Must be responsible and committed to the overall work ethic of the grounds department.
Reports to: Farm & Landscape Manager
Position type: Full or part time, Non-exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Clean all parking lots, sidewalks, pathways and entry ways at all facilities.
- Empty outdoor garbage cans every morning and as needed.
- Clean outdoor furniture in all areas.
- Rake crusher fine paths and other areas.
- Rake and remove leaves and other debris from pathways, lawns, flower beds and other landscaped areas.
- Remove weeds in all landscaped areas, in walkways, lawns, parking lots, and flower beds.
- Remove spent flower blossoms as needed in all areas.
- Mow and trim lawns, fertilize as directed.
- Hand and hose watering as needed or directed.
- Maintain, repair, and adjust irrigation systems and parts as needed.
- Able to work in all areas of Grounds and Landscape and the farm as needed or requested by the Farm & Landscape Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Cultivate lawns, turf, or gardens.
- Plant greenery to improve landscape appearance.
- Perform manual agricultural, aquacultural, or horticultural tasks.
- Trim trees or other vegetation.
- Operate irrigation systems. Irrigate lawns, trees, or plants.
- Operate farming and grounds maintenance equipment.
- Remove snow.
- Incorporate green features into the design of structures or facilities.
- Build agricultural structures.
- Clean facilities or sites. Remove debris from work sites.
- Inspect equipment to determine condition or maintenance needs. Maintain equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Decorate indoor or outdoor spaces.
- Drive trucks or other vehicles to or at work sites.
- Update technical knowledge.
- Know how to use gardening tools including mowers, weed eaters, hand pruners, loppers, hand and pole saws, and others as trained or as job requires.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to details.
- Able to troubleshoot and maintain irrigation systems.
- Demonstrate a friendly and professional attitude, demeanor and appearance.
- Able to use hand, power and garden and landscape tools.
- Some horticultural knowledge.
- Able to follow instructions.
- Able to stand for long periods and walk on rough uneven ground and variable soil conditions.
- Frequent walking, bending, standing, stooping and kneeling.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in extremes of weather and temperatures.
- Interest in horticulture and organic gardening principles.
- Interest in taking initiative on improvement projects.
- Knowledge of spoken Spanish.
- Willingness to learn and improve.
- Interest in the overall vision for the landscape, farm and property.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.