Los Poblanos Ambassador
Position Summary & Overview
The responsibility of the Los Poblanos Ambassador is to perform all the Guest Services related functions including, but not limited to, greeting and registering guests, assisting in making both on-site and off-premises arrangements on behalf of our guests, answering guest inquiries, following up on guest comments and remarks, making and modifying guest reservations, resolving guests' complaints to ensure their satisfaction, and settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Excellent time management and problem-solving skills are crucial to this position which is in a very fast-paced environment.
Reports to: Guest Services Manager
Position type: Full or Part-time, Non-exempt
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival, quickly and appropriately fulfill guest requests, approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Receive and maintain Inn and Restaurant reservations being aware of seasonal packages and policies
- Assist with general guest service tasks such as delivering items to guest rooms, assisting guests with check-ins, responding to guest requests, and addressing lost and found issues as required.
- Regularly check guest rooms before guest arrival to deliver packages and ensure room meets standards for guest arrival.
- Assist Inn guests with restaurant reservations, directions, taxis, etc.
- Generate reports, complete regular office work, and check guest rooms and property to ensure property standards are met.
- Maintain a level of security on the property by ensuring appropriate lights are on, locking doors, and responding to emergencies.
- Answer telephones between scheduled hours, making room reservations, confirming details with future clients by email, charging credit cards, and settling bills for checkouts.
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner.
- Act as a liaison between the Inn and Culture & Community department. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of on-site activities and private event clients.
- Share general information about Los Poblanos history and farming with interested guests.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet customers, patrons, or visitors.
- Arrange services or reservations for patrons.
- Deliver items.
- Store luggage or other possessions for patrons.
- Organize recreational activities or events. Provide patrons with directions to local attractions. Provide attraction or event information to patrons.
- Maintain financial or account records. Verify the accuracy of financial or transactional data.
- Discuss account status or activity with customers or patrons. Collect deposits, payments, or fees.
- Operate communications equipment and computer systems.
- Report maintenance or equipment problems to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: All property features, services, and hours of operation. All Campo food concepts, menu price range, and ambiance. All hotel room amenities. Daily house counts and expected arrivals and departures, particularly including VIPs. Scheduled daily group activities, names, and location of meeting and banquet rooms. Local events, attractions, holiday schedules.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all services provided by LP and how to suggest, promote, and arrange utilization of those services to maximize the property revenue and guest satisfaction.
- Assist with on-site activities and services for special events and holidays.
- Maintain expert knowledge of local and regional activities and services, maintaining positive and active relations with key local providers (i.e., florists, limousine and taxi services, restaurant contacts, etc.)
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all technology and programs used by the Guest Services team with the basic ability to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously. Follow up with designated LP personnel to ensure completion of the request, and with a guest to ensure satisfaction with a solution.
- Communicate daily events, occupancy level, VIPs, group functions, etc. with each department employee at the start of the shift.
- Act as an key liaison for welcoming special event guests (wedding guests, corporate groups, retreat guests, etc.) and maintain up-to-date knowledge of their schedule and all group reservations. Continue to engage these VIP guests throughout the duration of their stay.
- Assist with property-wide communication efforts to share information about weekly activities and events.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a hospitality and/or customer service role.
- Friendly, goal-oriented, and outgoing with great people skills.
- Able to read, comprehend, and write complex instructions and/or short correspondence and memos, having excellent verbal communications.
- Completion of High School Diploma.
- Able to give and carry out a direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and intermediate computer skills.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, squat, reach, and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and can work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to speak Spanish is a plus
- Interest in sustainability, food, and New Mexico culture
- Experience in a Hotel Environment