Maintenance Technician II - Night Shift
Job Overview & Summary
Under direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Tech II is required to have a strong knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, painting, tile and flooring repair including minor electrical, HVAC, and plumbing maintenance duties necessary to keep Los Poblanos Facilities in good repair. The Maintenance Tech II is responsible for equipment and tools necessary to perform such work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Keeps manager informed on overall work operations and problems.
- Uses a variety of carpenter’s, plumber’s, concrete and mechanical hand tools, portable power tools and standard measuring instruments.
- Respond rapidly to requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance in a professional and hospitable manner. Work closely with other department managers to ensure maintenance requests throughout the property are met.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the property and keep the product quality standard. Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., “room care”).
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, televisions, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Selects materials necessary for the completion of assigned work orders.
- Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, and gardening).
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Monitor and maintain the guest pool in the Barn Commons including conducting daily chemical level tests, opening pool, adding salt and other chemicals when needed, cleaning the filtration system and completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Operate heavy machinery.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Monitor equipment inventory and place orders when necessary.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform manual service or maintenance tasks.
- Read technical information needed to perform maintenance or repairs.
- Clean equipment, parts, or tools to repair or maintain them in good working order.
- Clean facilities or sites.
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
- Inspect buildings or grounds to determine condition. Inspect condition or functioning of facilities or equipment. Repair structural components.
- Troubleshoot equipment or systems operation problems. Test mechanical equipment to ensure proper functioning. Locate damage, defects, or wear. Replace worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts.
- Install electrical components, equipment, or systems. Repair electrical circuits or wiring.
- Inventory materials or equipment.
- Maintain operational records.
- Measure distances or dimensions.
- Paint surfaces or equipment.
- Remove snow.
- Must comply with jobsite safety.
- General construction or building maintenance experience.
- Facilities maintenance experience and knowledge of required work ranging in a variety of general maintenance and repairs.
- Ability to operate manual and power tools used in the performance of maintenance work.
- Ability to prepare maintenance reports.
- Knowledge of general safety rules, requirements, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills.
- Able to read, comprehend and write instructions and/or short correspondence, having excellent verbal communications.
- Basic knowledge of operation and maintenance requirements on electrical, mechanical, and plumbing.
- Self-motivated and personally driven for excellence in all areas of his or her job.
- Able to keep track of and report on activity.
- Able to stand for long periods and walk on rough uneven ground and variable soil conditions.
- Frequent bending, standing, stooping and kneeling.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in extremes of weather and temperatures.
- Flexible, this position can be scheduled for variable hours and days. Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- High School Diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- Three (3) years of responsible experience in construction or facilities maintenance work environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must 18 years of age.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more:
- Bell Attendant
- Campo Assistant Manager
- Campo Barback
- Campo Host
- Campo Server
- Campo Server Assistant
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Front Desk Associate
- Human Resources Assistant
- Line Cook
- Maintenance Technician II - Night Shift
- Night Auditor
- Pastry Cook
- Pool Attendant - Seasonal
- Spa Attendant
- Spa Front Desk Receptionist
- Wellness Instructor