Rooted in History, Planting Seeds for the Future - Los Poblanos is a family-owned and managed business located on a historic farm estate with historically significant architecture, organic farming and a dynamic mix of businesses that support its mission. Hospitality, good design, and sustainability are the threads that tie all the businesses together, including boutique lodging, private events, a field-to-fork restaurant, retail and production of our own branded lavender body products, artisan food products and distilled spirits. While still run by a small, dedicated team of managers and directors, Los Poblanos is well poised to become an internationally recognized brand and destination place.
This position will be responsible for applying paint, varnishes and other coatings to a variety of surfaces including walls, ceilings, furniture, and fixtures. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have a strong understanding of various painting techniques and finishes. The work will be both indoors and outdoors and involve a wide range of historical and present-day buildings and rooms. Additionally, this position will be responsible for performing general maintenance work. This person must be a self-motivated individual and able to work as a part of a team.
Position type: Full-time, non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare surfaces for painting by scraping, sanding, and filling holes and cracks. Preparation work may include plastering, sheet rocking, etc.
- Apply coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to surfaces
- Mix paints to obtain the desired color and consistency
- Use brushes, rollers, and spray equipment to apply paint and other coatings
- Ensure that painting equipment is cleaned and maintained properly
- Work with other tradesmen to coordinate project completion
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Additional maintenance duties will be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as a painter
- Knowledge of painting techniques and finishes
- Ability to work with various types of painting equipment and related power tools
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy objects
- Must be willing and able to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more:
- Campo Cocktail Server
- Campo Dishwasher
- Campo Event Cook
- Campo Host
- Campo Line Cook - AM Shift
- Campo Line Cook - PM Shift
- Campo Server Assistant
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Farmer - Seasonal
- HVAC Maintenance Technician
- Inn Concierge
- Inn Room Attendant
- Lead Groundskeeper
- Norte Retail Shop Associate - Santa Fe
- Norte Tasting Room Bartender/Server - Santa Fe
- Norte Tasting Room Lead Bartender/Trainer - Santa Fe
- Public Areas Attendant
- Public Areas Attendant / Maintenance Technician
- Volunteer Docents