Public Areas Attendant
Position Summary & Overview
Under direct supervision of the Maintenance Manager, perform the overall custodial functions and cleanliness of Los Poblanos Historical Inn and Organic Farm and related facilities (such as lobby, employee/public restrooms, event spaces, offices, pool area, etc.), in accordance with management directives. Public Areas Attendant must promote a positive image of the property and must be friendly, honest and pleasant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as an ambassador and representative for the property, the Village of Los Ranchos, and Albuquerque.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, and anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Complete daily, weekly and quarterly cleaning checklists for all public areas.
- Dust and polish furniture, fixtures, thresholds, base boards and window frames.
- Vacuum and spot clean carpeting, upholstery and drapery.
- Cleans ceiling fixtures, through the proper and safe use of a ladder.
- Clean and shine all glass and metal surfaces, both interior and exterior.
- Empty all materials from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags if used. Remove trash to dumpster, and recycle boxes as required.
- Clean offices as assigned.
- Clean public/employee restrooms and stock with supplies.
- Complete all restocking and cleaning duties by performing opening and closing side work as instructed.
- Responsible for custodial equipment, and cleaning of equipment
- Report equipment repair requirements to supervisor.
- Attend all departmental meetings in person in order to enhance communication and gain knowledge of products, service and facility.
- Follow all safety guidelines to ensure safety and protection of self, employees and guests.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary or assigned.
- Housekeeping, Custodial, Deep Cleaning experience.
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills required.
- Energy, enthusiasm, excellent customer service, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Appearance must always be clean and professional with a cheerful and courteous demeanor.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure while maintaining positive outlook and attention to detail.
- Able to train when assigned a new Public Areas Attendant using the buddy system.
- Able to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Lifting cleaning supplies 20-35 pounds, pushing and pulling equipment 20-35 pounds, carrying supplies 20-35 pounds, being on feet for long periods of time.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule to include AM and PM shift (depending on business and scheduled events), weekends and holidays.
Full-time and part-time available. Must have weekend availability.