Position Summary & Overview
Working as part of the Reservations team, you will be responsible for handling all rooms’ reservations enquiries to the required standards, maintaining accurate and complete records of all reservations, and taking every opportunity to maximize revenue potential for the hotel.
Position type: Part time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the Los Poblanos culture and family, uphold our Mission Statement and contribute to our business growth and development.
- Answer all incoming reservation inquiries for the Inn and Campo Restaurant, by telephone or email, in a timely manner, and wherever possible to convert them to bookings.
- Input Reservations into the Cloud PM Reservation system & Open Table, ensuring all details are accurate and complete in line with departmental standards.
- Assist in identifying areas of opportunity to maximize reservations for the Inn and Campo.
- Assist in the coordination of booking large parties and execution of group contracts.
- Give a polite and friendly response to all incoming telephone inquiries.
- Maintain accurate filing systems for all correspondence, and ensure all filing is completed daily.
- Maximize revenue by taking every opportunity to up-sell and cross-sell all services offered whenever possible.
- Identify potential sales leads for the sales team to develop future accounts.
- Be aware of financial goals and the contribution made by the reservationist in achieving those targets.
- Ensure a high degree of personal skills, accuracy and attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Perform as part of a team, assisting colleagues where necessary and carrying out other relevant duties as requested by the Reservations Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet customers, patrons, or visitors.
- Arrange services or reservations for patrons.
- Discuss goods or services information with customers or patrons.
- Provide attraction or event information to patrons.
- Sell products or services.
- Discuss account status or activity with customers or patrons.
- Maintain financial or account records. Verify accuracy of financial or transactional data.
- Calculate costs of goods or services. Collect deposits, payments or fees.
- Execute sales or other financial transactions.
- Perform administrative or clerical tasks.
- Operate communications equipment or systems.
- Provide information to coworkers.
- 1-2 years customer service or hospitality experience
- Friendly, goal-oriented and outgoing with great people skills
- Excellent organization skills
- High attention to details
- Able to give and carry out direction in a high activity and service-oriented environment
- Able to read, comprehend and write complex instructions and/or short correspondence and memos, having excellent verbal communications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and advanced computer skills.
- Must be able sit, stand, bend, squat, reach and walk 8 to 10 hours a day.
- Able to grasp, lift, carry. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. in short intervals throughout the day.
- Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Interest in hospitality, sustainability, food, farming, and New Mexican culture
- Previous experience in a similar role
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.