Spa Front Desk Receptionist
As a member of the Hacienda Spa team, you will play an integral role in representing the Los Poblanos brand and our unique well-being model. You will have the opportunity to enrich the guest experience by connecting guests to our historic property and organic farm through spa and wellness services. We are looking for people with a passion for providing impeccable service and who will take pride in upholding the sustainability and hospitality values of Los Poblanos.
The Hacienda Spa Receptionist is responsible for welcoming guests to the spa, making them feel comfortable, and providing them with the highest standards of hospitality and professionalism. This individual will support the spa operation by greeting guests, answering phone calls, accurately and efficiently booking spa and wellness appointments, responding to guest inquires, possessing an expert knowledge of spa treatments and products and properly utilizing spa software to process transactions and maintain accurate guest records and preference.
Reports to: Spa & Wellness Manager, Spa Supervisor
Position Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Uphold all standards of service for booking treatment reservation, checking guests in for treatments and checking out guests after treatments.
- Properly open and close spa each day according to standard operating procedures.
- Provide detailed and accurate descriptions of spa treatments, packages, wellness programming and general property information.
- Utilize spa software with skill and proficiency to ensure accurate guest records and tracking of guest preferences.
- Answer phone calls promptly and professionally.
- Document, communicate and execute guest requests seamlessly.
- Provide facility tours with thorough knowledge of spa offerings and property history.
- Ability and knowledge to act as a retail consultant as needed.
- Maintain active knowledge of all guest offerings property wide.
- Engaging guests to understand their needs and educate them on options that would best meet their needs.
- Develop professional and personalized relationships with repeat guests.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns promptly, professionally and courteously.
- Walk spa facilities frequently to ensure appropriate cleanliness, with special attention to the front desk area.
- Complete daily assigned checklists and job duties with a sense of urgency.
- Strive to create a personalized experience for every guest.
- Develop ability to work without constant direct supervision.
- Communicate effectively with service providers and spa attendants.
- Regularly attendant and participate in spa trainings and meetings.
- Communicate effectively between departments and within the department to ensure team(s) operate with a full understanding of guests and possible issues.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work within the culture established by Los Poblanos.
- Be on time for scheduled shift and uphold a good attendance record.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
Essential Job Functions
- Act as a positive role model and ambassador for Los Poblanos and the Hacienda Spa.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the property, products and service available throughout the business.
- Share and historical and cultural information about Los Poblanos with guests, when appropriate.
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to be efficient and productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, listening and computer skills.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and take action to build relationships between individuals, teams, and departments, to help achieve business goals.
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff or quests that require attention immediately.
- Must have a least 3 years of customer service experience. Experience working in a high-end resort or urban day spa environment preferred.
- Must be available to work varying shifts such as: nights, weekends and holidays.
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills necessary, along with well-developed organization and computer skills.
- A passion for well-being and understanding of Los Poblanos values.
Click on a position to learn more:
- Advanced Landscaper
- Assistant Farmer - Seasonal
- Campo Assistant Manager
- Campo Barback
- Campo Host
- Campo Server
- Campo Server Assistant
- Culture and Community Event Server
- Entry Level Landscaper
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Housekeeping Houseperson
- Licensed Esthetician
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Los Poblanos Ambassador
- Maintenance Technician II - Night Shift
- Pool Attendant - Seasonal
- Public Areas Attendant
- Spa Attendant
- Spa Front Desk Receptionist