Position Summary & Overview
For Yoga, Pilates, & Meditation
As a member of the Hacienda Spa team, this role plays an integral role in representing the Los Poblanos brand and our unique well-being model. This position will enrich the guest experience by connecting guests to our historic property and organic farm through spa and wellness services. This position will work directly with the Spa in creating accessible classes that enhance physical and mental wellness regardless of guests’ experience level and age. This position possesses an inclusive and adaptable teaching style, and the ability to further connect guests to our unique brand and well-being model.
Reports to: Spa & Wellness Manager
Position Type: Part-Time
The current instruction types include the following:
- Yoga classes: Yoga classes will range from beginner to advanced, with a focus on offering a variety of gentle and restorative classes.
- Mat Pilates: Classic mat pilates classes will be offered using yoga mats, weighted balls, hand weights, and resistance bands. The guest experience level will range from beginner to advanced.
- Meditation: Meditation classes may include guided walking and stretching, with a focus on mindfulness, relaxation, connection to natural world, and personal growth/fulfillment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Act as a positive role model and ambassador for Los Poblanos and the Hacienda Spa.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrate respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests' needs with a professional and pleasant manner.
- Communicate to management all occurrences involving staff or guests that require attention immediately.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and facilitate safe and comprehensive wellness classes catering to all ages and skill levels.
- Provide daily sessions for hotel guests as well as local community guests.
- Monitor and instruct guests during wellness session.
- Ensure workout instruction is clear and precise and modifications are offered.
- Ensure safety of participants by recognizing signs and symptoms of physical exertion or discomfort.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality of all guest information and experiences.
- Maintain the cleanliness and orderliness standards as dictated by the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Assume professional demeanor and image to reflect the Los Poblanos culture and standards.
- Bring all guests feedback to the Spa & Wellness Manager.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the property, products, and services available throughout the business.
- Collaboration with management to develop and refine a customized and unique well-being experience for all guests.
- 3+ years of consecutive teaching experience in a professional setting
- 2-years’ experience teaching in a gym/studio environment
- Up-to-date certifications
- CPR/AED certification
- Must have flexible availability and be reliable
- Have availability to offer morning, evening and weekend classes
- Inclusive and adaptable teaching style, able to accommodate various levels in one class
- Understanding of, and enthusiastic about, LP well-being model
- Open-minded to developing classes that are aligned with LP mission, values and well-being model
- Experience teaching in a high-end resort or urban day spa environment preferred.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Click on a position to learn more:
- Bell Attendant
- Campo Assistant Manager
- Campo Barback
- Campo Host
- Campo Server
- Campo Server Assistant
- Farm Shop Sales Associate
- Front Desk Associate
- Human Resources Assistant
- Line Cook
- Maintenance Technician II - Night Shift
- Night Auditor
- Pastry Cook
- Pool Attendant - Seasonal
- Spa Attendant
- Spa Front Desk Receptionist
- Wellness Instructor